940 Bonisteel Rd
Valdy remains one of the country’s purest and most credible storytellers – Toronto Star
A cultural emissary, Valdy is one of Canada’s trusted spokespersons, and a well seasoned performer. PM Stephen Harper has never sought Valdy’s talents to support the Reform/Canadian Alliance/PC party agenda.
Nearly thirty-seven years of relentless concert touring have made him who he is. Valdy understands that people have come to be entertained; he tailors each of his shows, as many as two hundred a year, to suit the audience at that specific venue.
“Valdy’s show is a disarming and practical blend of respect for the audience and show business expertise.” – the Edmonton Journal
Singer / Songwriter: His distinctive voice can be heard on classic, country and campus radio; songs reflecting joys, struggles and accomplishments in all of our lives, spiced with a wry wit.
“I cut my teeth on Henry Mancini; he taught me about melody. Combine that with a fine groove, and the rest is window dressing.” – Valdy
Guitarists pay attention to Valdy; his playing seems effortless, masking an underlying musical complexity; throughout the year, Valdy gives workshops on guitar accompaniment.
“One of the best evenings of entertainment Confederation Centre has ever seen … a man of formidable talents.” – Charlottetown Evening Patriot
— Career Bits —
* Song writing workshops. Movie sound tracks, TV and film scores, music producer.
* 16 albums, 22 singles, 4 Gold Records, nearly half a million units sold worldwide.
* 2 Juno awards, 7 Juno nominations (Country Male Vocalist & Folksinger).
* Twice was a panelist on the popular Front Page Challenge
– Tour Schedule – Contact – Buy – Product Info – Home –
* “Songwriter of the Year” and CARAS awards in Folk/Bluegrass categories.
* Host of “BC Music Project” music video show, featuring BC artists from five cities and towns, a show that went on to win a Gold Ribbon Talent Development Award.
* Lead role on “The Beachcombers”, minor roles in 2 movie features.
* CBC simulcast (TV w/ Radio 2 stereo), the TV special “Folksinger Deluxe with a Side of Fries”.
* Invested as a member of the Order of Canada in July 2012
* Valdy has toured Canada for forty-six years, and plays regularly in New Zealand with Kiwi mate Graham Wardrop. He has also toured Austria, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland, and is an oft-invited performer at dozens of music festivals, including the Kerrville Folk Festival in Texas.